Friday, February 4, 2011

What to Put on Her (Your) Finger

When you’re getting an engagement ring there are many different types of precious metals to choose from for this wonderful occasion. Most engagement rings are offered in platinum, yellow gold or white gold, rose gold, palladium, titanium, and silver. When my fiancé and I were picking out my engagement ring we had to think about a lot of things. Most girls already have some idea of what they want, and if they tell you they don’t then I would suspect them a telling a little white lie! When we were looking at rings I knew right off the bat that I didn’t want yellow gold. I seriously thought about rose gold because I thought that it was so unique and something different that you don’t see very often. Besides those two, the only other metals that I really knew about were silver, white gold and platinum. I knew that I didn’t want silver because let’s face it most girls want something a little nicer. White gold is the metal I had for the two other rings that I owned, my class ring and a ring my fiancé had previously bought me a couple years ago. I could never wear the rings for very long though because I would develop some sort of dry skin rash underneath the ring on my finger. So we decided to eliminate white gold because the people we talked to at the jewelry store thought that I was most likely allergic to something in the white gold. So since I eliminated white gold and silver are only other option was platinum. Not that I minded that at all, especially since hundreds of years ago platinum was declared to be the only metal fit for royalty (and all girls are princess’ don’t know you)! This item is something that if you want to save a lot of money on and still have the ring look gorgeous you can but we decided to let this be our one splurge since I plan on wearing this ring for the rest of my life, or at least until our 25th wedding anniversary! But most likely longer because I love my ring so much!  If you want to check out more specific information about metals check out these websites that I found:

 Pros and Cons for Choosing the Right Metal     
                         and/or
Engagement Ring Metal Glossary

No comments:

Post a Comment