Saturday, February 26, 2011
Fairytale Wedding Dress
The wedding dress is one of the biggest pre-wedding items that the bride looks forward to the most. When wedding dress shopping there is laughing, sighing, stress, and usually tears. However when there are tears it is usually because you know that you have found your dress, or because your mom is seeing you in a wedding dress for the first time and it is finally sinking in that her little girl is getting married. However I chose to write this particular blog not to tell you about wedding dress shopping but to tell you about some magical wedding dresses that I found. Growing up I loved to play house. I would get all dressed up and pretend like I was one of the princesses in a Disney movie getting ready to marry my prince. Now every little girls dream has come true and she can finally wear the Disney princess wedding dress she dreamed of wearing as a child. A famous, top of the line wedding dress designer, Alfred Angelo, has come out with a line titled “Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo.” Ariel’s dress is a mermaid style with sea-inspired details such as pearl and crystal beading. Princess Jasmine’s dress is a flowing gown with a jeweled halter neckline. Sleeping Beauty’s dress is a romantic single shoulder strap dress with layers of tulle for the bottom that are meant to resemble cascading briar rose petals. Princess Tiana’s dress is a one should taffeta ball gown that has ruched pick-ups that are meant to resemble a water lily. Cinderella’s dress, which is one of my favorites, is exactly how you would imagine it; it is a classic ball gown with glitter all over the tulle and a criss-cross bodice with a sweetheart neckline. Belle’s dress is just like the yellow one she wore in the end of the movie, only in white. It is a beautiful gown that has a detachable shrug, a draped net pick-up skirt and subtle hunts of gold metallic embroidery on the corset. Last but not least Snow White’s dress is my absolute favorite. It is a beautiful dress that was inspired by nature with apple blossoms all over the sweetheart neckline top and cascading over the bottom of the dress. Every girl should at least look at these dresses because even if they aren’t for you they might do for you what they did for me which if remind me of my childhood and how I imagined my wedding when I was younger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment