Wednesday, February 16, 2011

DIY Dessert Table

Some people have a far less dressed up wedding receptions. Which is perfectly fine because this idea is something that I am considering for my wedding. It’s an idea that can be dressed up or dressed down depending on your particular wedding style. My idea is to have a candy dessert table at my wedding. It’s something that guests can enjoy all throughout the night, especially long after the dinner food has been served and taken away. Since I plan on getting married in January I thought that I could get some really great Christmas candy for a discounted price since it will be after the holidays. I can place out different flavored candy canes (I actually saw Jolly Rancher candy canes this year, I had never seen those before!), peppermints, Christmas kisses, and tons of other great holiday candies that would match my colors of purple with red and silver accents. This isn’t just a great idea for January though it would be a great accent for any month! If you were getting married in February great candy hearts and homemade valentines would be a great accent. In April a great accent would be the candy eggs and chocolate Easter bunnies, and let’s face it if you’re getting married in October everyone loves Candy Corn and fun size Halloween candy bars. If you want to have a little bit more of a fancy wedding your cake can sit as the centerpiece of the candy table or you can even have a separate table for both! If you are going to opt for no cake though and just a candy table a nice accent might be to have a couple cupcake towers decorated to match your candy table for those guests who have an extra sweet tooth. The cupcakes don't need to be anything fancy though, buy your favorite box cake mix from the store and round up your groom, or your bridesmaids, and have fun decorating them yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment