Tuesday, February 22, 2011

DIY Guestbook

When looking for ideas for my wedding I really like interesting and unique things that you wouldn't see everyday or at the usual wedding you would attend. A couple years ago I was looking at the website that I stumbled upon that I really love and has a lot of uncommon things on it. It had what almost looked like a mailbox and it came with a box with 200 tiny sheets of paper. It was called something along the lines of “A Special Occasion Box.” Instead of the traditional guest book where guests just sign their names and where they are from the guests write little notes on these tiny pieces of paper and shove them in an empty hole. The happy couple could then display the “mailbox” in their home and look at the little tiny slips of paper of well wishes from their friends and family whenever they wanted. Of course when I went back to look for the item it had been discontinued. So I have been trying to think of other unique options that could substitute for this item that I fell in love with. The closest thing that I have come up with is I could possibly try to recreate this item. Cutting out the tiny pieces of paper would be no problem; it would just be trying to recreate the mailbox that would be the difficult thing since it was made out of cardboard. So since I love the scrapbook I thought that I could possibly incorporate a traditional guestbook with the one I fell in love with through a scrapbook. I could design it and fill it with pictures of my fiancĂ© and I, and leave room from pictures from our wedding and the reception with cutouts of blank pictures with quotes like “The Guest With the Best Dance Move Will Go Here.” Then along with the pictures I will leave places on each page for guests to tuck the tiny pieces of paper with their well wishes. It is a great way to incorporate both ideas and still kind of get the unique “mailbox” feeling I was going for. It is a great DIY idea that I really look forward to doing myself with my fiancĂ©’s help! The only problem is scrap booking can be a little costly but with sales and cutting coupons I am hoping to not run up to big of a tab, the only problem is scrap booking is one of my weaknesses. If you have any unique guestbook ideas please share them below!

No comments:

Post a Comment