As every bride, and groom, will find out sooner or later is that as soon as you get engaged people you haven’t talked to in years will start congratulating you. That’s not a bad thing, until you start getting the uncomfortable questions and comments. You all know what I’m talking about, the questions that go a little something like this, “I’m invited right?” or “Am I invited?” Or you get the awkward comments such as “I’ll be looking for my invitation!” or “I can’t wait to see how beautiful your wedding is going to be.” The comments are the worst because you can’t tell if they are being nice or just trying to get an invite! Most brides never know what to say in response, I know personally I hate letting people down, it always makes me feel guilty even though I know I shouldn’t because it’s my day and I should be able to have the people there that I want and not have the people there that I don’t want. So I have come up with a few polite responses that I have been working on and actually using!
“We’re so excited about being engaged we haven’t even started thinking about all of the details yet!”
“We’re probably going to be footing the bill ourselves, so we’re focusing on having a really small and intimate wedding.”
“It’s so awesome you’re interested in our wedding! We haven’t even set a date yet though so we have to get all the details first!”
It’s always easy to put the blame on someone else so this excuse always works best with friends – “Sorry, it’s out of my hands. My parents are footing the bill, so Mom and Dad are in charge of the guest list.”
If you have any excises you have used please share below, it would help to have multiple ones I could use, as I’m sure all of you know!
Also check out this etiquette book that I found, it seems to have a lot of really helpful information in it!
No comments:
Post a Comment