Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What I learned in ACC 255 This Semester

1. I learned how to work a running blog.
2. I learned what a sneeze page was.
3. I learned how to start a web site.
4. I learned how to add ads to my web site and blog.
5. I learned what Cafe Press is, and how to make products on it.
6. I learned how to submit my web site and blog to search engines.
7. I learned what different TLD or top level domains mean such as .org is used by nonprofit organizations.
8. I learned that the ads that appear on web sites like Yahoo! where they run over the page are called floating advertisements.
9. I learned how to recommend amazon products by promoting them through my blog posts.
10. I learned what Google analytics is, a tracker for web sites, and how to use it.
11. I learned what click-through meant, and realized how often not only I do it but most likely everyone.
12. I learned that when you Google something you are brought to a SERP or search engine results page.
13. I learned how to add HTML text to my blog and web site successfully.
14. I learned that everything that can be seen on a computer screen without scrolling down is referred to as above the fold.
15. I learned what to look for when looking at other blogs that are related to mine, in turn learning how to analyze them.
16. I learned that if software is open source it means that other developers can look at it and add stuff or even work to improve it.
17. I learned what an e-book was and how to create one.

These are things I learned in ACC 255 this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment