Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Engagement Party, Bridal Shower, and Bachelor(ette) Party Etiquette and Advice

I recently found an article on Brides.com titled "Engagement Party, Bridal Shower, and Bachelor(ette) Party Etiquette and Advice." I thought that I should defiantly take time to share this article with you guys because as a new bride-to-be there are so many questions that we don't know that we need help answering, especially when it comes to etiquette and what proper and not. Some people might not care about that, but if you are anything like me you don't want to offend anyone and you want as many things to go right as possible. That is why I think that it is really important for everyone to look over this article and look at all of the questions and take time to read the answers that the experts over at Brides.com have taken their time to give to each question. However not everyone has time to read really long articles or Q&A sessions so I have taken time to give you a sample of what the questions inform you of by picking out one of my favorites.  

Q: Do we have to have an engagement party?
A: You aren't required to have an engagement party, but it isn't a bad idea. Often it's the perfect opportunity to introduce parents and attendants to each other before the wedding. And don't think you're doomed to a stuffy cocktail party. Anything goes when it comes to engagement parties—from backyard barbecues to clam bakes, so make it as laid-back as you want.

I found this to be one of the better questions because a lot of people are unsure of the prewedding activities so this is very informative when it comes to whether or not you should throw yourselves an engagement party or not. But also be sure to check out the other great questions from the article because there are a whole slew of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment