Sunday, April 10, 2011

DIY Wedding Day Hair

A new trend that I am seeing become even more increasing popular is a braid in the hair. There are different varieties and different styles or ways that the braid can be warn. Also depending on how you wear your braid it can set the mood for your theme or for your venue/destination. I recently looked on the Brides magazine web site for different types of braids and how they were worn and these two are my absolute favorites.

If you plan on having a destination wedding I think that a braid can add a nice touch and play on your theme. A braid gives you the beachy (yes I know it is not a word), surfer vibe that plays well with the sand and ocean in the background of your nuptials. Below is a picture of the kind of braided hairstyle I am referring to.
Don't you love it? To me it just screams beach or destination wedding! It is so whimsical and magical; it could also be a great hairstyle for someone who is getting married in a garden, very enchanted.

Another version of the braid that I love is the classic structured braid bun. You see the hairstyle and immediately know that the bride is going to look beautiful walking down the aisle of her parent's church into the arms of her soon to be husband. The braid I'm talking about is like the one pictured below.
You can even add a touch of flair to the braid by putting it to the side on the bottom on your head.

What do you think about the braid trend? I love it for a number of reasons and the main, most important one, is that you can do it yourself! It is something that a member of your family can do for you or you can do yourself and style it up however you would like to.

No comments:

Post a Comment