When I first became engaged I felt overwhelmed, sometimes I still do. It can become a very stressful time, especially when it seems like there are always so many other things going on in our lives and the lives of the people around us. Not only do we need to find time for our daily activities, jobs, & housework just to name a few things but now with the large amount of free time we had before we got engaged (the free time was sarcasm in case you didn’t pick up on it!) now we are engaged and must spend every free second planning the wedding it seems like. Being one of the first of my friends to get engaged and the first person to have a big wedding, or least a wedding that would not be at the courthouse, I had no idea where to begin. So I began searching on Amazon and Google for different things that I thought might be helpful when it came to planning. I have shared with you different products that I found that have come in handy but I would also like to share with you a book that I have come across that I couldn’t imagine going through this process without. I mean I guess I could imagine it, but who would want to?
The book that I found I came across it here on Amazon. It is called “The Wedding Book: The Big Book for Your Big Day.” Some of the brides may have heard of the author, her name is Mindy Weiss. Mindy Weiss is a famous wedding planner based out of Los Angeles and has planned weddings for a number of celebrities including one of my favorite female comedians Ellen DeGeneres. She also planned Jessica Simpson’s wedding, but since that one didn’t end to good we won’t focus on it. Instead let’s focus on Ellen’s and who if anyone can remember pictures of her wedding? It was absolutely breathtaking and beautiful, which who would expect anything less, I don’t think anyone would. But this book is beyond amazing because it is basically a step-by-step guide to help every couple have and plan their perfect wedding – no matter their budget, taste, or personalities. Mindy Weiss is very good at what she does, I have seen pictures on her blog and could only dream up some of the things that she plans for her clientele. With this book she is sharing her years of expertise and knowledge with anyone who is willing to buy it. The book covers everything from announcing the engagement, creating a budget, preparing the guest list; and the things you would never think of such as contracts and wedding insurance. Wedding insurance? I know I never would have thought of it either. She also throws traditional fun information into the book such as how to go about freezing the first layer of your wedding cake for your one year anniversary and how the preserve your wedding bouquet! If you find it on Amazon you can also see other reviews from other brides who have bought the book and call it “life-saving!”
I defiantly recommend at least checking out this book because as far as I can tell it is absolutely a must have and very helpful!
No comments:
Post a Comment