Friday, March 4, 2011

Red

Over the next few blog posts I am going to be telling you my favorite(s) and the most popular wedding color combinations for every color of the rainbow plus couple colors that weren’t so lucky as to make it into the rainbow family. What ever color my blog post is titled for the day is going to be the dominant color. Bt dominant color I mean that this is the color your are going to focus your wedding around, and it most likely will be the color of your bridesmaid dresses.

We’re going to start off with Red. Red is a color that can be used almost throughout the whole year. The season that it looks the best in though, in my opinion are winter, spring, and summer. Don’t get me wrong red could defiantly be used in a fall wedding; I just prefer these seasons better. 

For instance, in winter red can be used in a number of ways. One way it can be used is red is the color of the poinsettias that the church puts out, which most churches do this around the Christmas season. So if you are looking to save some money you could use the poinsettias that the church has out as your flowers you will use to decorate the church.

Back to the color combinations though; the most popular colors that people use to accent red with are color combinations of red, silver, and black. My favorite color combination of red is red, purple, and silver. I don’t mean a light periwinkle purple either I mean like the color of a purple crayon, it’s not dark and it’s not a light, it is the perfect shade of purple. Some of you may think that I am crazy for this but I assure you I am not. Purple is a shade of royalty so what better day then on your wedding to feel like a princess?

Make sure you share your favorite red color combinations with us below!

No comments:

Post a Comment